COOP Plan Development Workshops
Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP) are a necessary component of every organization’s readiness for emergencies and disasters that effect the organization’s ability to “stay in business” through and following an emergency or disaster; to continue serving their customer and meeting their customer’s needs. The COOP is the detailed oriented plan that documents the decision making, logistics and coordination that must occur to effectively be “back in business” at alternate locations.
The Healthcare Coalition’s Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) program is designed to support any Coalition member organization in the development or refinement of their COOP. Regardless of how mature your COOP is; this workshop and planning experience is for you.
The COOP program is structured to provide you several planning tools and planning experiences.
- COOP Planning Materials
- the COOP program includes a COOP Plan Template that is aligned with national standards (CMS Emergency Rule and NFPA 1600 – Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity/Continuity of Operations Programs)
- National Standard reference materials
- Logistics checklists
- COOP Planning Workshop
- A free 4-hour workshop available to any Healthcare Coalition member
- Workshop will provide an overview of the COOP template and reference materials
- Specific “how to” prompts are provided throughout the template and discussed in the workshop
- All workshop participants will receive COOP program materials on a USB memory device for their use
- COOP Planning Technical Assistance
- Workshop attendees will have access to COOP Planning Technical Assistance
- Technical assistance by COOP planning specialists will be available on scheduled days throughout the region.